Safety Rules at Edison:
- We walk in the hallways at all times.
- We follow safety directives of staff.
- We only climb on play equipment.
- We close doors gently and do not slam them or play tug of war with doors.
- We remain on campus from the beginning until the end of the school day unless we are signed out through the office by a parent or adult on our emergency card.
- We only leave the classroom with our teacher’s permission to go in a timely fashion to a specific destination where possible, we go with a buddy.
- Students never open gates to admit adults or to retrieve balls.
- At lunchtime, we remain in the cafeteria or courtyard until dismissed by a Noon Aide to go to the playground or use the south restrooms.
- At recess, we stay on the playground in an area being supervised by an adult. We don’t play in the hallways, behind buildings or other areas of the school.
- During recess, we use the restrooms closest to the playground.
- Only kindergarten children play in the K yard.
- If we need to go to the library or the office at recess, we let the adults on duty know where we are going.
- We don’t use any behavior that puts ourselves or others at risk or that damages property.
- If we see someone hurt or in trouble, we tell the adult on duty.
For more safety rules consult your Parent Handbook.